Manager of Clinical Outcomes
Florence Home is looking for a fun Activities Assistant
Part-Time, Mornings into Afternoons and Some Weekends* and
Part-Time Late Afternoons into Evenings and Some Weekends*
The Activities Assistant helps the Life Enrichment Coach in developing, scheduling, and leading educational and enrichment programs for long-term care residents at Florence Home.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- College level training in gerontology, social work, or related field is preferred.
- Ability to communicate empathetically and successfully with seniors and those with sensory and cognitive deficits.
- Ability to motivate impaired seniors to participate actively in enrichment activities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
- Able to work some evening and weekend hours.
- Assist in developing and leading enrichment programs that reflects the interests, needs, and functional levels of residents, and that provide residents the opportunity to be challenged and successful.
- Actively support facility parties, outings, and special events by helping plan, decorate, set up, transport residents and direct the activity.
- Conduct activities according to listing on the weekly calendar.
- Decorate bulletin boards and appropriate areas of the building to reflect seasons and celebrations.
- Assist new residents with adjusting to Florence Home: greet, orient to building, provide calendar and review activities.
- Transport ambulatory and non-ambulatory residents to activities.
- Drive residents in wheelchair vans to outings; including assisting onto van, operating wheelchair, lift, & transferring residents from wheelchairs to seats.
- Assist in conducting personal interviews and assessments of new residents.
*Hours are flexible and full time may be available.
Candidates may complete an application form at Florence Home, 7915 North 30th Street, Omaha, NE from www.omahaseniorcare.org or online at
Equal Opportunity Employer Posted 7/10/17